In this increasingly competitive world, we must become the best version of ourselves as soon as possible. Biking helps us achieve this in multiple ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Lose Weight: For people who are obese, cycling will not only make you look better but also make you healthier by burning your fat.
- Strengthen Legs: Biking also strengthens your legs, which you will be thankful for later.
- Reduces Risk of Cardiovascular Disease: Heart attacks are the biggest killers in the world. Biking reduces your chances of suffering from a Heart attack by improving cardiovascular health.
- Improves the Environment: Climate change may be our most significant issue. Biking helps make the climate better as it acts as a zero-carbon-emission mode of transport.
- Makes You Smarter: Biking has been shown to make neural connections within the brain.
- Betters Your Mood: Biking releases endorphins and dopamine, which help improve your mood.
From the above, it is clear that biking is highly mentally and physically beneficial to humans. Perhaps this is why we have so many bikers in the world! If you, too, want to jump on the bike, we are here to help you do so. This article will tell you about the best apps to enrich and make the most of your biking experience.
However, before we proceed to our first app, let us clarify that all these apps require you to have data with you on the go. Ensure you are subscribed to a top-notch telecom service that can give you connectivity throughout your biking trip. One option you have is to go for Xfinity as a cellular service provider, considering how it has recently increased the amount of customization users can make to Xfinity bundles. For more information, feel free to contact Xfinity.
There are many unique selling points of the apps and, thus, many reasons why you should pick this particular application over other biking apps. First and foremost, it is used by many. What this does is it increases the likelihood of your friends being on it.
And what does that do? Well, it allows you to share your progress with your friends. And what this means is that you will have a healthy competition going, making you bike even more!
Yet another reason to use Strava is that it is entirely free. Trust us when we say that, for an app with such good quality, it is quite remarkable that people do not even have to pay a cent to use it!
This one is easy to figure out. No matter what kind of mode of transport you are taking, as long as it is land transport, Google Maps will help you get from one place to another. This is because Google Maps has such a vast infrastructure of mappings that it is almost always reliable when giving directions.
Google Maps can be used to get directions and measure the distance you will be traveling while planning a biking trip. The app also allows you to share your location with friends through instant messaging apps like WhatsApp. In this case, by your friends, we mean your biking buddies who would be curious about where you are when on a biking trip with you.
Wahoo Fitness differs from navigation apps such as Google Maps as well as social apps such as Strava in a way that, as implied by its name, it is a fitness app – a fitness app for bikers.
And why shouldn’t there be a fitness app for bikers? After all, as explained above, biking is very good for your health!
As the “trail” part of the name implies, Trailfolks is an app for mountain bikers. Mountain bikers need a specific app because mountain biking differs significantly from biking on the plains.
Hopefully, this article has not only convinced you about why biking apps are helpful for you but also informed you of the best apps in the market.